APEX is a multi-discipline engineering firm specializing in energy related projects. We work with partners, vendors and contractors to provide detailed engineering solutions for sophisticated buildings and facilities across the United States. APEX is looking for individuals who can problem solve and who thrive in a proactive organization where client service is paramount.
• Direct the activities of the electrical engineering and technical staff. Responsibilities include departmental duties, such as resource planning and scheduling, mentoring junior staff, and quality control.
• The candidate should possess a thorough knowledge of industry standards and electrical engineering design principles.
• Experience should include working in a multi-discipline consulting engineering environment, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility managing engineering staff, projects and clients.
• 10+ Years of professional electrical engineering and design experience in healthcare and life sciences, and/or industrial facilities.
• Ability to lead, mentor and coach junior engineers on project designs, and oversee project scopes, schedules and budgets
• Responsible for developing the design of emergency and uninterruptable power generation and distribution systems.
• Create typical electrical engineering and design drawings such as: single line diagrams; power, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, and other systems plans; electrical area classification plans; electrical equipment arrangement plans; cable tray layout plans and sections; conduit and cable schedules; motor control schematics.
• Design miscellaneous electrical systems such as lighting, grounding, electrical heat tracing, fire alarm, public address, security, card access, etc.
• Develop typical Electrical specifications for electrical equipment as such: MV/LV switchgear, MCC’s, power transformers, generators, and UPS.
• Participate in procurement activities associated with electrical systems and equipment. Activities include preparing technical data for inquiry packages, preparing technical bid evaluations, and review of vendor drawing and document submittal reviews.
• Commutable distance to company headquarters in Falmouth, ME
• Capable of 10-15% travel time
• Working knowledge and hands on experience with power system analysis software tools such as ETAP, Paladin Design Base and Easy Power.
• Able to perform short circuit, load flow, voltage drop, device coordination, and arc flash analysis on facility electrical equipment and systems.
• Experience in facility medium and low voltage power distribution, lighting, grounding, communications, and instrumentation systems design experience from the electrical utility interface point.
• Working knowledge of applicable IEEE, ANSI, IEC requirements as well as applicable NFPA/NEC codes.
• B.S. Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology required
• Professional Engineer license required
• NCEES Certificate preferred