WHAT YOU NEED:
- A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in the Engineering and Technology discipline [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Detailed subject-area list:
Engineering and Technology:
Aeronautical engineering, Automobile engineering, Biomedical engineering, Civil and structural engineering, Control and systems engineering, Industrial and manufacturing engineering, Marine engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other - Engineering and technology, Robotics.
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance editors who are experts in various academic fields.
CACTUS is honoured to be ranked 12th (after a screening of more than 47,000 companies) on the 2017 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote/Freelance Jobs (Forbes Article).
We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors. Apply now and register instantly!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Our most prolific freelancers who deliver consistently good quality earn over USD 3000 per month
- Additional fees of up to 20%
- No need to relocate. As this is a freelance opportunity, we invite applicants from any location to apply
Cactus Communications has international subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide. We serve more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries and have extensive experience engaging our global community of 800+ freelancers.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV at the earliest. Please mention that you came across our advertisement on the Engineering Daily website.
Please note that we are currently not hiring from the State of New York. You could email us your resumes at email@example.com, and we will let you know if there are any suitable openings in the future.