5500 Noble Drive
Madison, WI 53711
P: 608-274-6880 firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
• BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering (or BS in Computer Science, Math, or Science with relevant practical experience), MS preferred.
• Minimum of 8 years practical design experience.
• Familiarity with modern design tools and technology including Visual Studio, Altera Quartus and Nios, SolidWorks, Altium, PSpice, .NET, Git, etc.
• Demonstrated success in the design, deployment, and ongoing commercial support of complex electronic control systems.
As a Senior Software / Firmware Engineer you will work with the Cameca Madison R&D team designing and developing next generation Atom Probe instruments. Specific responsibilities of this position include:
• Design and development of advanced firmware and programmable logic / HDL systems for the control of complex scientific equipment.
• Design and development of PC based software applications providing mid-level instrument control including high speed data acquisition, real-time monitoring, data processing, and control of physical systems.
• Working collaboratively with the electronics team on the design, development, and troubleshooting of new circuit boards and sub systems
• Participation in cross functional design reviews of complex mechanical, optical, and electronic assemblies.
• Development of a systems level understanding of Atom Probe Tomography (APT) theory, operation, and applications.
• Support of manufacturing and service personnel via hands-on troubleshooting and guidance.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with proven commercial success in the design and deployment of complex real time embedded control systems. Specific qualifications include:
• Experience developing C++ Windows applications and DLLs including proficiency developing and debugging multithreaded applications.
• Experience with communication protocol development and usage over USB, Ethernet, and serial interfaces.
• Experience interfacing and integrating 3rd party electronics.
• Practical understanding of multilayer circuit board design and layout concepts including CPU and bus interface design, high speed clock layouts and transmission line theory, precision DAC / ADC circuitry, high voltage design practices, etc.
• Ability to read and understand complex electronic schematics and layouts.
• Ability to use oscilloscopes, meters, and logic analyzers as needed to troubleshoot modern high density surface mount circuit assemblies.
• Knowledge of design for regulatory compliance including CE, EMC, etc.
• Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees
• A demonstrated drive for results and a pride in workmanship and team success.
To apply visit our posting: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_ametek/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=19965&localeCode=en-us
or email: email@example.com