Seamless steel pipes have a hollow section and are used in large quantities as pipelines for conveying fluids, such as pipelines for conveying oil, natural gas, gas, water and certain solid materials.
Compared with solid steel such as round steel, steel pipe is lighter when the bending and torsion strength is the same. It is a kind of economical cross-section steel. It is widely used in the manufacture of structural parts and mechanical parts, such as oil drill pipes, automobile transmission shafts, and bicycles. Steel scaffolds and other steel scaffolds used in building construction are used to make ring parts with steel pipes, which can improve material utilization, simplify manufacturing procedures, and save materials and processing man-hours. Steel pipes have been widely used for manufacturing.
Analysis of seamless steel pipe production demand and import and export trade in China:
1. Market supply and demand
The data shows that China's seamless steel pipe production decreased year by year from 2014 to 2018. In 2018, China's seamless steel pipe production was 24.83 million tons, a year-on-year decrease of 4.87%. It rebounded in 2019. In 2019, China's seamless steel pipe production was 27.98 million tons. A year-on-year increase of 12.69%.
From 2014 to 2018, the demand for seamless steel pipes in China has decreased year by year. In 2018, the demand for seamless steel pipes in China was 20.86 million tons, a year-on-year decrease
5.94%, a rebound in 2019, China's seamless steel pipe demand in 2019 was 23.77 million tons, an increase of 13.93% year-on-year.
2. Import and export trade
The export volume of China's seamless steel pipes is greater than the number of imports. From 2014-2017, the number of China's seamless steel pipe exports decreased year by year, and began to pick up in 2018. In 2018, China's seamless steel pipe exports were 4.16 million tons, an increase of 1.60% year-on-year; in 2019, China had no The export volume of seam steel pipes was 4.35 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 4.48%.
China’s seamless steel pipe imports increased year by year from 2016 to 2018. In 2018, China’s seamless steel pipe imports amounted to 200,000 tons, an increase of 9.65% year-on-year. In 2019, there was a decline. In 2019, China’s seamless steel pipe imports were 140,000 tons. A year-on-year decrease of 29.32%.
From 2016 to 2019, China's seamless steel pipe export value increased year by year. In 2018, China's seamless steel pipe export value was 5,444.5 million U.S. dollars, an increase of 22.65% over the same period last year; China's seamless steel pipe export value was 562,124 U.S. dollars in 2019, an increase of 3.44% year-on-year.
In 2018, China's seamless steel pipe imports amounted to US$96,166, a year-on-year increase of 5.92%; China's seamless steel pipe imports in 2019 were 694.43 million yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 27.79%.
Import and export of seamless pipes in China
1. Generally, the import volume of seamless pipes is very large. The main importing countries are Germany and Japan. European countries such as Romania, Russia, Switzerland, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Yugoslavia, Hungary and other countries have imports. There are also a small amount of imports from South American countries such as Argentina and Mexico.
2. According to the different requirements of our country's users, there are more than 100 kinds of imported seamless pipe specifications, and the common specifications are 159.22mm, 159.5mm, and 159.18mm. 114.38mm, 114.310mm, 114.313mm. The length is generally 5-8m or 4-7m. Mainly hot-rolled carbon structure, steel grades are ST35, ST45 and ST65. The smallest imported size is 305mm and the largest is 478.13mm.
3. A small number of seamless pipes with smaller diameters and thin walls have been imported from France and Spain, such as 183mm, 223mm, 26.93mm, etc. Carry out the general rules of the Mannesmann steel pipe factory in Germany.
4. For seamless pipes imported from Hungary and Japan, often refer to DIN2448 and DIN1629.
5. In the case of import claims, the quality problems of imported seamless pipes mainly include: divergence of chemical composition, splitting in flattening test, low tensile strength, severe rust and pits, etc.