A) Choose the appropriate site and warehouse for carbon steel tubes
1. The site or warehouse where the steel is stored should be located in a clean and well-drained place, away from factories and mines that produce harmful gases or dust. Weeds and all debris should be removed from the site, and the steel should be kept clean;
2. Do not stack with acid, alkali, salt, cement and other materials that are corrosive to steel in the warehouse. Different varieties of steel should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and contact corrosion;
3. Large sections, rails, steel plates, large-diameter steel pipes, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air;
4. Small and medium-sized sections, wire rods, steel bars, medium-diameter steel pipes, steel wires and wire ropes, etc., can be stored in a well-ventilated shed, but must be covered with pads;
5. Some small steels, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steel sheets, small-diameter or thin-walled steel pipes, various cold-rolled, cold-drawn steels and metal products with high prices and easy corrosion can be stored in storage;
6. The warehouse should be selected according to the geographical conditions. Generally, an ordinary closed warehouse is used, that is, a warehouse with a roof, walls, tight doors and windows, and a ventilation device;
7. The warehouse is required to pay attention to ventilation in sunny days, and close it to prevent moisture in rainy days, and always maintain a suitable storage environment.
B) Reasonable stacking, advanced first
1. The principle of stacking is to stack according to the variety and specifications under the condition of stable stacking and ensuring safety. Different varieties of materials should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and mutual corrosion.
2. It is forbidden to store items that are corrosive to steel near the stacking position
3. The bottom of the stack should be raised, firm and flat to prevent the material from being damp or deformed
4. The same materials are stacked separately according to the order of storage, which is convenient to implement the principle of advanced first
5. The section steel stacked in the open air must have wooden mats or strips below, and the stacking surface is slightly inclined to facilitate drainage, and pay attention to the straightness of the materials to prevent bending deformation.
6. The stacking height should not exceed 1.2m for manual work, 1.5m for mechanical work, and 2.5m for stack width.
7. There should be a certain channel between the stacks. The inspection channel is generally 0.5m. The access channel depends on the size of the material and the transportation machinery, generally 1.5-2.0m.
8. The bottom of the stack should be raised. If the warehouse is on the concrete floor of the sun, it should be raised O. 1m is enough; if it is mud, it must be raised by 0.2 ~ 0.5m. If it is an open field, the height of the cement floor should be 0.3-0.5m, and the height of the sand-mud surface should be 0.5-0.7m.
9. The angle steel and channel steel should be stacked in the open air, that is, the mouth should be facing down, and the I-beam should be placed vertically.
C) Keep warehouse clean and strengthen material maintenance
1. Before the materials are put into storage, attention should be paid to prevent rain or impurities from being mixed in. For materials that have been rained or soiled, different methods should be used according to their properties, such as wire brushes for high hardness, and cloth for low hardness. Cotton etc.
2. After the materials are put into storage, they should be checked frequently. If there is rust, the rust layer should be removed.
3. Generally, after the surface of steel is cleaned, it is not necessary to apply oil, but for high-quality steel, alloy thin steel plate, thin-walled pipe, alloy steel pipe, etc., after derusting, the inner and outer surfaces should be coated with anti-rust oil before storage.
4. For steel with serious corrosion, it is not suitable for long-term storage after rust removal, and should be used as soon as possible.